Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® (Projects in a Controlled Environment) is part of the Global Best Practice suite of publications, which helps organisations and individuals manage their projects, programmes and services consistently and effectively. It is a structured project management method based on experience drawn from thousands of project practitioners sponsors, trainers, and academics worldwide.
Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 provides clear step-by-step guidance on applying PRINCE2 to achieve effective project management and measurable business benefits.
It will be particularly useful for new project managers wishing to learn about project management generally and about PRINCE2 in particular. Experienced project professionals, and anyone considering introducing PRINCE2, will benefit from the detailed best-practice and governance guidance held within this invaluable resource.
- Provides a structured project management method that can be applied to any type of project, and used alongside specialist industry-specific models
- Covers the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes that help deliver projects within time, cost and quality targets
- Encourages effective communication by introducing a common vocabulary for all project participants
- Recognises varying responsibilities, so that everyone understands the roles and needs of others
- Clarifies what a project will deliver; why, when, by whom and for whom
- Ensures that project participants focus on business case objectives and not simply project completion
- Keeps stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) involved in planning and decisions
- Includes real-life examples of how the PRINCE2 method can be applied and tailored for specific situations
- Defines a thorough and economical reporting structure
- Facilitates troubleshooting and project audits