About the Service Desk Analyst Course
The Service Desk Analyst exam is based on the SDA standard. The SDI qualification is an open qualification standard. SDI is the administrator, facilitator and arbitrator of the standards. The exams are independently administered and proctored by APM Group. Training Bytesize’s courses are accredited by APM Group International.
The e-learning course is valid for 3 months so you can study the course in your own pace. As you have 24/7 access to the learning materials you determine when you study. The course will take around 12 hours to complete and is equivalent to 3 days in a classroom. The exam can be taken online when you are ready in a location to suit you.
- 3 months online access to the accredited multimedia e-learning courses
- Official exam
- Interactive quizzes and activities
- Exam practice simulator
Please note: Exam must be taken during the 3 month licence period. Course manuals, if required, can be purchased separately.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the four key concepts that describe the required skills, competencies and knowledge
- Summarize the role and responsibilities of the service desk
- Demonstrate the attributes, skills and knowledge required to fulfill the role effectively
- Recognize when to use those to deal with a variety of situations
- Explain how to better identify customers’ needs and motivations
- Recognize the benefits of teamwork
- Demonstrate the skills for handling difficult situations
- Recognize the need for effective and well thought out processes and procedures
- Describe the key IT service management processes where the service desk has responsibilities
- Recognize the benefits of service level agreements, operational level agreements and contracts
- Recognize the value and benefits of customer satisfaction surveys
- Identify the need for, and value of, metrics in the service desk environment
- Describe some of the available tools and technologies for service desk staff and customers to use
- Summarize how to effectively use social media tools in the service desk
- Be prepared for taking the service desk and support analyst examination