The APMG PPP Certification Programme was developed by the APM Group International. Training Bytesize has put more people through the PPP exams than any other training provider, so you can be assured of the best learning experience regardless of where you are in the world.
What does the PPP Preparation course cover?
This PPP Preparation will enable you to demonstrate an understanding of how to apply and tailor the established procedures, roles and institutional responsibilities that determine how the government selects, implements and manages PPP projects, as outlined in the PPP Guide.
- Offer relevant insights in discussions about the value and importance of having a PPP Framework, its objectives and scope, and what it should include;
- Recognise ways to establish a PPP Framework in different jurisdictions, taking account of existing legal and administrative traditions, and offer alternative approaches;
- Use an understanding of how the Framework guides each stage of a typical PPP Process to propose and evaluate its application to a given governmental context;
- Identify the government roles and responsibilities within a PPP Process, and provide insight on how they can be allocated effectively between various government agencies and their Advisors;
- Help others understand the principles and techniques that enable responsible public financial management of PPPs, and suggest ways to ensure appropriate oversight and transparency of PPP Programs;
- Help to evaluate whether a project offers sufficient economic benefit to proceed and is technically sound, considering its environmental and social impact;
- Support the screening of a PPP project with insight into how to avoid the risk of allocating resources into the analysis and structuring of a non-feasible PPP project;
- Help to define a project management plan and communication plan, ensuring all stakeholders are considered;
- Support the main activities required to detail the scope of a PPP Project, and help to define its technical requirements and assess technical risks;
- Use the basic techniques and good practices to help produce a series of feasibility assessments of the technical, commercial, economic, environmental, social, legal, and fiscal dimensions of a project, as well as identify and understand the main issues and risks associated with the decision to procure the PPP project including how to conduct a Value for Money assessment;
Is the PPP Preparation course right for me?
Specialists involved in all phases of PPP projects – including public sector employees, advisers, and financial and legal experts, among many others – will benefit tremendously from pursuit of the CP3P credential. Individuals possessing the credential signal their expertise in PPP practice, which gives organisations employing these qualified professionals greater credibility in the marketplace by demonstrating the technical competence of those assigned to PPP initiatives.
• The new qualification standardises best practice across the globe
• Provides a road map or method through managing PPP projects
• Ensure you are aligned with acknowledged standards in PPP
• Learn the common language of PPP so the whole supply chain uses a uniform language
• Be recognised as a leader in promoting standards in PPP
• Work in an established and structured approach with supporting templates
• Includes elements of finance to help with procurement
• Ideal for construction projects
The benefits of undertaking the PPP Preparation include better working practices and common standards and knowledge across the organisation and supply chain. Ad hoc training costs are reduced significantly, and the option of online and workshop training, gives flexibility to all potential students.